Thursday, September 2, 2010

Habits: Involvement in the Church (Week 4 of 6)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last week, Bro. James taught us how to be involved in church. When we go to church we are there to help build up and not tear people down. God has gifted you in so many ways you might not know about. When God chose David, he was looking for someone obedient and that would do God's work. Our challenge is to step out in faith.

Why should we be involved in church?
  1. Community - is people living in an area. Through fellowship we overcome a lot of doubt. God blesses us with different attributes, knowledge, abilities and strengths. As a church, we should come together share the knowledge and grow stronger. We can pray together and confess our sins to one another. Where there is a community there is difficulties. (Hebrews 10:25) We need to be there for the lost and minister to them and also help them get through hard times.
  2. Strength -when we come together we help each other. God does not waste a hurt. He will use your hurt to minister to someone else. (Proverbs 13:17)
  3. Ministry - Every member is a minister and every minister has a ministry.
  4. Guidance - to show you the right way of doing things. (Hebrews 3:13)
Why don't people go to church?
  1. They were forced to go to church when they were a child.
  2. They didn't like it.
  3. They go only three times a year...Easter, Mother's Day and Christmas.
  4. They say the church just wants their money.
Being involved in church helps others with their walk with God. But, yet some people label church people hypocrits, why? Their walk with God is what you are looking at...we all make mistakes.

Challenge to Doing More Than the Minimum:
  1. I will do more than belong - I will participate
  2. I will do more than care - I will help
  3. I will do more than believe - I will practice
  4. I will do more than be fair - I will be kind
  5. I will do more than dream - I will work
  6. I will do more than teach - I will inspire
  7. I will do more than earn - I will enrich
  8. I will do more than give - I will serve
  9. I will do more than live - I will.......(fill in the blank) you will find the answer at the end of your life, you will know whether or not you lived.
We are trying to teach you to be spiritually self-sufficient...Absorb the Word of God and apply it to your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment