Wednesday night Pastor Shane taught on "Doing Something for Your Creation" from Genesis 1:1, 27-31.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Then God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and the animals that scurry along the ground." Then God said, "Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground--everything that has life." And that is what happened. Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.
3 Keys for Doing Something For Creation:
- God and His Creation (God created everything)
- God and His Humanity (God created us in His own image)
- People and God's Creation (God put us in charge to rule over the animals)
In 1Kings 21:1-19...King Ahab wanted to buy the vineyard next to his castle, but the owner could not sell it to him...it had to remain in the family. The king went back home and told his wife, Jezebel. Jezebel arranged for the owner of the vineyard to be accused and convicted of blasphemy and was stoned to death. At which time, she returned to her husband the king and told him that the land is now available because the owner is dead...go and claim it!
2 Challenges for you:
- Do something that isn't easy. (Get out of your comfort zone to do something for someone else).
- Do something that has a ripple effect. (Doing something good that affects someone else long term.)