Psalm 100 (NLT)
Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his court with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
5 Things that Psalm 100 teaches us:
- Joy- make a joyful noise...shout with joy. What brings you joy? Salvation, family, etc.
- Gladness- worship the Lord with gladness...come before him, singing with joy. Be excited about Worship!
- Dependance- acknowledge that the Lord is God!...3 Types of Dependancies: God is Lord! God is God and we are not! (He is our Creator!) God is our Shepherd! (protector)
- Thankfulness- you can't give thanks unless you are thankful!...we are a selfish generation. Instead of thinking of yourself, think of others. It is better to give than to receive. What are you going to give!
- Gratitude- For the Lord is good. The Lord is merciful! The Lord's love and truth endures forever! The Lord is faithful!
- Guys Movie Night Friday, November 20, 2009...guys will go to the movies @ 10:00 pm (ET)
- Youth for Hire this Saturday, November 21, 2009...Youth will be doing yard work, windows, etc. for a fundraiser for Winter Retreat: Snowbird! Pastor Shane will be by to pick you up around 9:00 am (ET), so be ready!
- Community-wide Thanksgiving Service Tuesday, November 24, 2009... hosted by Silver Run @ 7:00 pm (ET)...No vans will be running for pick-up.
- No Services on Wednesday night, November 25, 2009...enjoy your family and be thankful for each other and what God has done for you!