Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- H - Hang Time with God (spending time with God)
- A - Accountability (being held accountable/responsible for your actions/sins)
- B - Bible Memorization (planting God's Word in your life)
- I - Involving Yourself in the Church (doing something for others)
- T - Tithing (giving God 10% of the best that you have)
- S - Studying the Word of God ( getting in and meditating on the meaning of God's Word)
What Studying God's Word Can Do:
- Applying God's Truth guides us through life. 2 Timothy 3:16
- Knowing the Bible brings a deep joy. Psalm 19:8 The Bible is God's Love Letter to you. We should be excited about his love letter to you. God loves you more than anyone.
- Living by the Bible makes you wise and successful. Joshua 1:8
- Feeding on the Bible nourishes our soul.
~All Scripture is God breathed!
~When we apply God's Word, he guides us. Psalm 19
~When living by the Word, the book of James gives us a caution in James 1:25-26.
~Make a decision to read, listen and obey God's Word-- These habits will change your life!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Wednesday, Pastor Shane took us through the 5th teaching in a 6 week series on H.A.B.I.T.S.
- H. - Hang Time with God (spending time with God)
A. - Accountability (being held accountable)
B. - Bible Memorization (planting God's Word in your life)
I. - Involving Yourself in the Church (doing something for others)
T. - Tithing (giving God 10% of your best that you have)
If our attitude is right, we will give in our right mind. Be a cheerful giver and not give grudgingly.
~Studying Exodus 35:20-24...So the whole community of Israel left Moses and returned to their tents. All whose hearts were stirred and whose spirits were moved came and brought their sacred offerings to the Lord. They brought all the materials needed for the Tabernacle, for the performance of its rituals, and for the sacred garments. Both men and women came, all whose hearts were willing. They brought to the Lord their offerings of gold--brooches, earrings, rings from their fingers, and necklaces. They presented gold objects of every kind as a special offering to the Lord. All those who owned the following items willingly brought them: blue, purple, and scarlet thread; fine linen and goat hair for cloth; and tanned ram skins and fine goatskin leather. And all who had silver and bronze objects gave them as a sacred offering to the Lord. And those who had acacia wood brought it for use in the project.
Exodus 36:4-6...Finally the craftsman who were working on the sanctuary left their work. They went to Moses and reported, "The people have given more than enough materials to complete the job the Lord has commanded us to do!" So Moses gave the command, and this message was sent throughout the camp: "Men and women, don't prepare any more gifts for the sanctuary. We have enough!" So the people stopped bringing their sacred offerings.
Question...What would happen if we gave God above and beyond our 10%? What if we gave and kept giving until we had enough to do the jobs that needed to be done? Think of the possibilities!
Lessons About Our Resources:
- Everything we have is a gift from God. (we forget EVERYTHING comes from God) Deuteronomy 8:10
- We are to give God back the best we have. Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:8-12 (give God your 1st and best)!
- We should give generously to God. 2 Corinthians 9:6
Notes: To give beyond the tithe is called an offering. Your tithes should be given to your local church.
- Time (giving God 10% of 24 hrs. is 2 hrs. 15 mins).
- Talent (giving God the best of what you do best)
- Treasure (giving God the best of what you have)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
- H - Hang Time with God (being with Him and spending time with Him)
- A - Accountability (holding you accountable) Matthew 12:33-37
- B - Bible Memorization (planting God's Word in your life) Psalm 119:10-11
- I - Involvement in the Church (how you can help others) Acts 2:42-47
Why Should We Be Involved in Church:
- Community...Hebrews 10:25
- Strength...Proverbs 13:17
- Ministry...Acts 2:44
- Guidance...Hebrews 3:13
Benefit: God never wastes a hurt.
- "Every member is a minister and every minister should have a ministry."
- Where there is community, there is difficulty. We need to minister to those that hurt.
- We need to make it a habit to be involved in church.
Note: See You at the Pole on September 23, 2009 @ 7:30 am at the flag pole at RCMS and RCHS ... Pastor Shane wants to see you there!
This week's memory verse: Jesus told him "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6