One of our Youth Leaders, Art Lancaster steps in to teach on how we are all called to live a holy life. We need to set ourselves apart from the world's ways of doing things and follow Christ as He leads us.
Art starts by giving his testimony then teaches us from God's Word from 1 Peter 1:14...So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then.
3 Things We Get from Holiness:
- Self-control ...to control one's emotions (1 Peter 1:13)
- Holiness ...set apart from the world. Christ was set apart because He was born from a virgin and without sin.
- Salvation ...saving a person from sin or danger. Setting ourselves apart from the world to God.
- 1 Peter 2:21-22
- Psalms 16:4
- 1 Peter 2:1-3
- 1 Peter 4:2
- 1 Peter 1:13
- 1 Peter 1:17
- To satisfy your own desires...isn't that selfish? If you choose to follow your own desires, you will stray from God.
- What is an example of other gods? Money or worshipping any other thing other than God.
- Be holy in everything you do, be holy like Jesus is holy.
- How do you set yourself apart? Read your Bible and do what it says to do!
- Choose to want more of God!
- What are foreigners in the land? Aliens...when we choose to set ourselves apart from this world, we become aliens to this world. (Don't confuse this type of alien as one from another planet, but like aliens from other countries) Our true home is a much better place...heaven.