Pastor Shane is preaching on the truth about sex and how God intended it to be. The world does not love you. They want to sell sex to you and use you as a sexual object. God has a better plan for you! He loves you! God created sex and intended it only for marriage. Pastor Shane shows the youth:
Webster defines Abstinence as refrain from doing something. (Abstinence is waiting to have sex when you get married).
Sex outside of marriage leads to a fear of three things:
- Losing the other person.
- "How can I establish some boundaries so I don't go too far?"
- Care enough about your life to ask the right questions. (You may ask, "Shouldn't we know if we are sexually compatible?") The right questions to ask: "What are the best choices for my life?" "What are the best choices for my relationship with God?" "What are the best choices for my future?" (Jeremiah 29:11)...Sex was created for making babies, pleasure, intimacy and most of all...oneness for husband and wife.
- Evaluate what is important to you. (You may ask, "Why am I in this relationship?" "What do I want from this relationship?" "How will being physical get me what I really want or need?" "What will a physical relationship do to our relationship?")...Newsflash...waiting for sex until you marry won't hurt you! You will be known for having self-control, respect, character, integrity and trustworthy. Are you going to trust God and His ways or the world's ways? (Psalm 1:1-3) Ask yourself, "Do I delight in everything the Lord wants for me?"
- Establish a temptation plan. (Everyone is tempted. (1Corinthians 10:13) God doesn't tempt you, that comes from the flesh and Satan). (James 1:13-14)
- Verbalize your boundary plans. (Proverbs 15:22)
- Ask for accountability. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
- Guard your mind. (Philippians 4:8)
- Embrace God's grace...don't cheapen it. (Romans 6:14-15)
- Believe that you are not defined by who you Date or How Far you go.
- Pursue intimacy with God. (You will have a natural desire to please Him. You will receive the power to resist temptation. You will be more attracted to godliness.)
- Know your bottom line. (Know how far is too far vs. What's best for your future)
- Communicate your standards.
- I will stick to my convictions....even when it's difficult!
- I will avoid compromising situations.
- I will get out when necessary. (2Timothy 2:22)
- The further you go, the faster you go.
- The further you go, the further you want to go.
- The further you go, the more difficult it is to go back.
- It determines temptation.
- It determines the intensity of temptation.
- It determines the consequence of giving in to your temptation. (When you verbalize your boundaries, you realize love waits and lust pursues you.)