Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do Something

On Wednesday, Pastor Shane started a new 4-week series on "Do Something".  We need to wake up and become the people that God has designed us to be. So what do we do that will make a difference?


First We Have to Notice the Needs Around Us

Key Scripture is Matthew 25:34-46

Do we as Christians notice the needs around us? How do we look at the world around us? Here are a few
views that we can take in looking at the world around us.

1. The world is mostly good and needs little help

2. The world is mostly a mess and is in need of serious help

3. I haven't thought much about the world around me, but I am a mess

4. I haven't thought much about the world around me and I'm not a mess

5. I'm not okay with injustice, poverty, disease, racism, etc.

6. I'm okay with injustice, poverty, disease, racism, etc.

Upcoming Events:

  1. Mission Serve 2010 will cost $300 per person this year, food included. So, pray about signing up.
  2. Fundraisers for Mission Serve will be January 16th & February 20th @ Winn Dixie on Veteran's Pkwy from 1-5pm ET. If you need money to go to Mission Serve then come help bag groceries on these two dates.
  3. If you owe a balance on Snowbird, there will be a Youth Luncheon Fundraiser on January 17th in the Fellowship Hall following Morning Worship Service. Please come and help serve lunch to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment