Monday, August 31, 2009

H.A.B.I.T.S. SERIES

Wednesday, Pastor Shane took us through the 3rd week of a 6 week series on H.A.B.I.T.S.
  • H - Hang Time with God...hanging out with Him...studying His Word
  • A - Accountability...holding you accountable...Matthew 12:33-37
  • B - Bible Memorization...learning the power of God's Word...Psalm 119:10-11

Bible Memorization...in church we expect to be changed....His Word is life changing!

Reasons Why We Don't Memorize Scripture:

  1. It's too hard.
  2. I have a poor memory.
  3. I don't have time.
  4. I can just look it up.

Goal: Not about how many, but how close.

Benefit #1: Keeps us from Sin... Matthew 4:3-10

Benefit #2: Discern right from Wrong... Hebrews 5:13-14

Benefit #3: Witness to Others... 1Peter 3:15

Success is trusting in Him and Him alone!

Memorize Psalm 119:11... I have hidden your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Coming Wednesday: Involving Yourself in the Church

No comments:

Post a Comment